Let me start by saying I don’t want to delve too deeply into any keyboard’s OS. I want to play, enjoy, keep my audiences happy without spending hours and hours tweaking keyboard settings . I also don’t care to dissect every feature of a board. I have to do enough dissecting on my day job, music is my hobby and a part time endeavor, bottom line is have some fun, maybe earn a few extra dollars.

In the last year I have owned and sold off the PSR 3000, Tyros2 and G70. I still own the Clavinova CVP 307 and intend to keep it for home use. 88 keys with a graded piano hammer action and arranger features is a good fit and hard to beat when I want to play piano solo. BTW I enjoyed both the Roland and Yamaha boards I sold. In the big picture nothing wrong with either of them.

I’ve had the PA800 for about 5 weeks and this is what I like about it.

Touch Screen
Unplugged Styles
Bossa Styles
Live Sound
Songbook feature easy to setup and create custom playlists. I like having a master list of songs in the Songbook then on the fly adding them to whatever custom playlist I happen to be working from at the time.
When using the Songbook feature choosing next song and getting a smooth segue into the next song style
When using the Songbook feature the ability to place midi or mp3 files into a custom playlist.
On screen Qwerty keyboard
The MP3 very easy to use and the ability to choose recording quality level.
2 USB connectors
To my ears authentic sounding B3 organs
Using the joy stick to trigger the rotary effect of the organs.
EC 5 pedal. Simple to set up and versatile.
Great Wah trumpet, I love the wide eyes my audience gets when I'm playing it.
Discovering that some of my favorite styles were the same favorite styles I played on the Tyros as converted styles.

My dislikes, I will miss the better keyboard action on the Tyros 2 and of course the superb action of the G70

A final thought: I’ve resigned myself that to the fact that unless I accept the weight of a G70 I’ll have to settle for more synth like action vs. a piano action. I’ve also found the longer I ‘m playing an arranger board the less time I play at the acoustic piano. Most NH/Assisted living facilities and the country clubs I’ve played have pianos. So when I feel I want to play a piano solo it’s just matter of moving from one bench to the other without having to haul around a controller or a heavy weight keyboard.

Oh, one more thing, I've used the PA800 on my last 4 gigs the audiences seem to love what they are hearing. I don't remember getting as many compliments or offers of more work. Can it be the board? I have spent lots of time this last year practicing, maybe it's the practice? Could be either one, but something to think about.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 12-21-2007).]