Fran, I'm not trying to escalate this little discussion. I just don't think "fun factor" or listening endurance has anything to do with evaluating a legitimate musical instrument. I would also question the legitimacy of any opinion by anyone other than a bona fide organ player. Playing the organ and playing a few organ licks on a muti-purpose synth are two different things. There isn't an organ player alive that would be satisfied with one manual. If you say different, you are 1. not an organ player, and 2. not qualified to speak for one.

I'm not pushing the C1 or any other keyboard, but sometimes I just get fed up with listening to guys spewing a bunch of crap under the guise of "expertise". If the organ is not going to be your primary instrument, then you probably don't need a stand-alone, dual-manual, organ of any type. A good quality synth (or arranger) with good organ voices would probably be a much better choice. Since this is an arranger forum, it's makes sense that few on this board are using the organ as a primary KB (me and Russ MAY be the only ones).

BTW, the C1 makes a really lousy controller for reasons I'd be happy to share with anyone contemplating buying one and using it for that purpose. I bought a SonicCell for exactly that purpose but it just ain't happening. I'll keep it just to have a few Roland sounds in the studio but...... I usually tell folks to "try before you buy". I shoulda' followed my own advice. Oh yeah, we (Eagle fans are for life) almost upset those darn Patriots, damn, damn, damn. Next time.

chas

Oh yeah......