Quote:
Originally posted by Jim Helwig:
I refuse to apologise for using available technology as long as it is tasetful, and presented for entertainment purposes.

Jim, no neet to apologize, especially to me. I'm not only a technology geek, but would be ready to "end it all" if the technology that I've gotten used to, suddenly disappeared. I guess I just meant that there is also a market out there for so-called "live" music (although limited). It probably is true that these "live" venues are becoming more and more rare, providing employment for only the top tier players (because of competition), especially in areas that are hotspots in the recording industry (Nashville, Atlanta, LA, NYC, etc.). I think the formula for success in this business is the same as it has always been; know your craft, know your market, and know how to market yourself (or get someone that does). Doesn't matter which approach you take (solo pianist w/vocals ala Bobby Short, OMB using everything that technology can offer, or part of a "live" band, just try to be the best of that type out there. That's the best assurance of always being in demand.

chas