I just received 2004 also.

Importing midi files for chord display is not new. My version 11 imported the chords form midis also. I wonder why they advertise this as a new feature? Anyone know the answer?

I've always used the soloist feature for improving my improvision. It always plays great licks on Bossas, Swing, Big Band, anything really. The notes played along with the overall feel and rythym of the solo has really help me.

For what I want to do, it is the most important feature of all. Anyone who wishes to improvise should not be without this program.

It has thousands of tunes in it. Get a tune you want to learn (many have the melody with the chords)and go to the notation window and the notes for the melody or any part you're interested in is displayed highlighted. Similar to a bouncing ball. If the tune is to fast, simply slow it down. Many great old jazz tunes that are great for horn players are in the program.

I really don't think jazz horn players are aware of this program. What a shame. Wish I had this option when I started playing.

It does sax solos that for the most part is what a sax man would play. It does the same with Guitar, Piano, Trombone and so forth.

As you can tell I recommend it highly just for this one feature.

For me it literally takes 2 minutes or less to type in the chords from a fake book and have a sequence to play along with to learn a tune or just for fun. Some of the harder tunes might take a few more minutes.

The upgrade I got was $59 from version 11. Many of the new and old features are geared for guitar players. I don't blame PGMusic. At my local music store there are a few pianos, a few arrangers amps and PAs. There are no horns of any kind and the wall at last count, I think the owner said he'd have between 800 and a 1000 guitars hanging soon.

Guess what is the most popular instrument in America. And if you can figure that out, see if you can figure out which is the most popular genre of music played in America.

I'll give you a hint. It's not jazz, rock and roll, hard rock, rap or anything else you can invent. It has always been and always will be the most popular genre of music. Live with it.