Hi Boo

Maybe what I was saying was not important, but I was not joking. I certainly consider your point about the loop length to be important. Style fatigue is a major problem for me using an arranger keyboard. So anything any manufacturer can do to less this fatigue is appreciated. Longer loops is certainly one approach to addressing this problem.

You are also undoubtedly correct in pointing out that the factory styles on the Korg i30 use longer loops than do other arranger keyboards.

I was only making a minor point that even though the factory styles of Yamaha (and from what Fran says, Roland) may have short loops, they are both capable of using styles with 16-bar loops and longer. In fact, the Korg i30 styles can be converted for use in those arrangers. I would not want someone to make a purchasing decision based on the false impression that Yamaha and Roland arrangers cannot use styles with long loops. If they choose to make the decision based on what the factory styles are like, then that is fine.

But returning to your main point about the tedium of a 4-bar loop repeating over and over, I am in complete agreement. And it probably bothers the PROs among you more than it does me. Recently I find myself drawn to my Roland XV-5080, which has no autoaccompaniment (other than rhythmic loops) because it sounds fresher. The next arranger I buy will have to address this style-fatigue issue better than my PSR8000.