Over at the Irish Acts message board, I have been following a situation that is similar in some ways to the one I had with my PSR 2000. A member purchases a PA80. The PA80 is defective. He has shows to do. He cannot use the board in the state that it is in. He gets the dealer involved. The dealer initially balks a bit but eventually agrees to take care of the problem and get the board repaired or replaced. Initially, nothing else happens. He laments the problem on the forum. Other members agree with him and offer their support.

To this point, it almost appears that this customer has taken the script from me. Then his story takes a completely different turn. Korg not only contacts him privately, but they also have reps posting on the forum. They explain their difficulties in getting the situation squared away. Naturally, the forum users beat 'em up a little, and continue to offer the customer moral support on the forum, but Korg perserveres and continues to respond. Within 10 days of the purchase the customer is given a brand new, working PA80. The customer is very satisfied now and is happy that he stuck it out. I guess even 10 days is a long time when one is depending on a piece of equipment to use in a professional live act, but then again I waited for weeks and would likely STILL be waiting several weeks more and still counting had I decided to keep the PSR2000. He at least received plenty of attention from and interaction with Korg. In the end, there is a whole forum of users whose opinion of Korg service has just skyrocketed. Well done Korg. I know I said this already but, I suspect that the only way that I could have gotten as much attention from Yamaha would have been to post their styles on my website. I know they took care of Ryan and his situation and for that I applaud them, but that doesn't change the fact that they also dropped the ball squarely on my foot, as well as doing the same for other customers who STILL have no replacement chip or OS for their buggy PSR2000s.

Korg AJ