MartyParty:

Big Welcome
I have a psr9000 with speakers, imo the best sounding onboards of anything out there. I love em, best set of monitors you can get. The pro is a top keyboard and I love the 76 keys, but the sound from the psr is my piece of cake. You can tweak/blend to about any sound you like, the guitars I get sound better to my ear than the mega voice guitars. (don't get me wrong they sound terrific, but I'm a guitarist and they don't sound like any guitars I'v ever seen or owned.) They're too studio for my taste.
So its a matter of what you're doing with the keyboard and if you're a player/performer or a music builder. Move around a lot/or/stay in the studio. want keys with more acoustic feel, or are you a two fisted player who wants 88 weighted or what. Then there's the guys who get comfortable with one and keep it forever. and then those who stay up to the latest tech and go for the stars.

Most of these modern arrangers are super keyboards that most of these guys would have killed for a few years back, encluding myself. I've passed on the tyros, and the pax1pro and the roland g-70 and the korgs, I just like the psr9k's sound and feel and you can't knock it over or off the tyros stand. It's built like a tank and weights about the same.

For Gospel and Country and I seem to get a lot of this because of where I live, The psr 9000 works great and should run about a thousand plus for one or about 12 hundred for a pro. Be advised you can get a new 3000 yammi for about 1500 and its a great keyboard with a lot of updates. Or wait a few days and take a look at the new tyII for probably about 3400 (my guess)

Better give this book a title hows bout
(old dinasorehead clings to 9000)
That because its sett'n on my foot LOL

Hey: TwoNuts: How"d you get a USB port in your 9000, would really be interested to know how this is done?? I have a adapter from scuzzy to Usb I'm fixing to try out.
Cheers ...... Pose