I remember dragging my CP25 electric piano to gigs in the early 80's. What a beast. Made my Hohner Clavinet feel pretty light and my Poly Six like a paper weight. Today's boards feel like feather weights in comparison. Still, the CP25 was lighter than the custom speakers we had made for the soundsystem.

Back then a lot of KB players used Bass amps, me included. I had a trusty old Fender Bassman when I started out. What was heavy were the cabinets. Originally each had 2 15 inch Altec Lansing woofers, mid range horns, and piezos. I had to redesign so that each cabinet only had one woofer, and even then they were still pretty heavy.

I'm not a particularly big guy ( 5'8"), but back then I was in rather good shape at a rock solid 185 lbs or so, and I managed ok. Now.. the weight is still there but it's redistributed itself more than just a bit.

As much as I like my AJ2006 system, it is higher maintenance than a dedicated hardware and perhaps it's more suited for studio work. In the studio it outshines anything I've ever played in my life. It's also become really easy for me to play it as an arranger using the Es as a controller. Still, for simplicity and more bells and whistles "in front of me ", I'm still considering a new hardware arranger just for live work and will rule nothing out at this point, not even the top enders.

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 11-07-2005).]