I would only like to add a general practice comment; Practice what you can not do now. Don't practice what you can do. You want improve that much. I fell(fall) into this trap. When I first started learning I couldn't play anything but I was determined to learn. I kept playing the same things over and over until I mastered them. Mostly this was sheet music. I'd be careful to play every single note written in the proper timing. I had to play a very slow tempo until I could get it right. But once I was able to play pieces quickly, that's all I did. I stopped challenging myself. Oh I enjoyed playing. But I should have been getting better and I wasn't. It's only when I'm forced into something I'm uncomfortable with, that I learn.

So to continue improving, practice things you can not do. Set a time aside for practice. Like 30 mins a day or an hour a day, or what ever you have to set aside. I mean to seperate your practice sessions from you rehearsal sessions. To me rehearsal is going over the songs I'll be doing for an upcoming gig or worship service, but practice is playing things I can not do. And practicing scales is a great way to practice!

Bob
<><