Beakybird,
I certainly concur on your voice evaluations and preferences. I also concur with your bottom line conclusion -- great keyboard for someone moving up from the PSRxxx, but PSR2000 owners will see only limited improvements. I don't know how long it takes to develop and release a new model, but the failure to provide a more substantial mass storage option is very disappointing.

I've also noticed something else. Styles "tuned" for the 2100 do not play as well on the 2000. They are like loading the Tyros styles on the 2000. The Main/Layer/Left voices are better when set to the 2000 equivalents. By the same token, when I loaded some of the CVP209 styles in the 2100, they sounded fine and some of them actually called for some of the new voices in the 2100 in the OTS. I suspect the "original" Tyros styles & OTS (excluding Mega voices) will sound just fine on the 2100. I'm now faced with the dilemna that styles tuned for the 2100 will have to be retuned for the 2000 and vice versa. The accompaniment can be restricted to the standard XG voices, but the OTS, even if specifying similar instruments, will sound different on each keyboard.