Hello

I have a wedding job coming up shortly, the bride to be just informend me they want music from the 50's and 60's for them and that some of the guests will be in their 30's. I am a big band and standard kind of player, but I have played in rock bands. I know I have stuff to throw together for the 50's and 60's, but what about for the 30 year olds? Disco??

I have always just played a variety of everything. This seems to work out fine for weddings. It always used to be if I played a hokey polka for example, the young kids would come out and fill the floor. If I played a rock tune the older folks would want to dance and act young.

One tune requesed was "Amazed"which I previously had a request for and found out it didn't translate well into an instrumental as a lot of modern tunes don't that were originally vocals. I didn't play it last time and I'm not going to do it this time unless I can find a good rhythm on my Tyros that would fit. Previously I was using a KN1000 and there was nothing close. But if I remember correctly not much of a melody too.

Any suggestions welcome.

Scott