After 3 hours of driving from San Diego to George Kaye's store in Reseda, we finally got my VA-7 upgraded to version 2.

I got George to sweat a little since Roland gave no directions on how to recalibrate the touchscreen but he managed to get my keyboard upgraded after all, both operating system and variphrase.

Version 2 is well worth the trip. Besides the Music Assistant which I was really looking forward to, I can now play Variphrase on my left hand.
V2 also have a programmable lyrics for standard midi, useful feature to import text files and sync to the midi song as lyrics.
The metronome volume can also be adjusted if you can stand the loud click.
More importantly, all four layers lower1, lower2, upper1 and upper2 can be switched on/off from the main page, which adds lots of convenience. All fours layers can be played simultaneously as well.

As for the style, if the Original/Variation button is pressed twice, I can now switch between Basic and Advanced levels (I don't have to navigate through the orchestrator screen and then select advanced/basic any longer !).

Great stuffs on this version 2, adds a new level of interest to the VA7 in my opinion !

Very cool George !

Claude