Trevor: try http://groups.yahoo.com/group/korgkarma
I have not played with the MIDI connections yet.

Vic: the sounds are the same, the quality of the keyboard is less than that for Triton. It does not have an internal power supply and the key action is cheezy. I do not think you would be happy trading down unless you really want the Karma function (or like Maroon much better than silver). I have not heard any good MidEast-Oriental Generated Effects yet. If someone does make some for the Karma, then it might be worth the change. Also, the Karma cannot load samples like the Triton so you cannot even add oriental sounds that way.

I think in the future the Karma holds promise for "ethnic" music. In many cases, the traditional style format just does not accommodate non-Western idioms. However, the algorithmic underpinnings of the Karma are much more flexible than arranger styles. In fact, there is a Japanese GE that would not work at all as a style.

One more point, I no longer think that the chord recognition can be progammed for the Karma. I was fooled since different GE modules recognize different chords. However, it seems this has more to do with the note ranges assigned to each module than to the chord recognition tables. Nonetheless, the Karma can do jazz a lot better than any arranger I have heard.

Clif