As I will be soon using a new Arranger keyboard on-stage (PSR2000) my mind goes back
to the Arrangers I have owned in the past and their faults and some of the gremlins I've experienced, no doubt all Pro/Semi-pro keyboardist have had these night's when our equipment seems to take on a mind of its own, although amusing now, at the time it filled us with horror as our bemused audience
looked on in disbelief at our frantic attempts to get things working correctly again.
Several items in my past musical armoury come to mind, my old Roland RA90 Arranger module would on a hot night suddenly drop to half tempo usually during a fast running drum pattern/style. The Gem WS2! great keyboard in its time, but Tempo and Volume on this keyboard shared the same data wheel, many's the time I sped the tempo up while thinking I was turning up the volume (whoops)
My PSR730 would randomly and inexplicably change the key of a Midifile and I would only know after I had started it and everybody was on the dance floor! what do you in that situation 'PANIC' also on the PSR730 the demo
button was just above the volume control and the first time I used it I accidentally pressed it while performing Cool & The Gang's 'Celebration' to a packed dance floor, after a quick pause on came that really cheesy 'Big Band' trumpet demo, that cleared the dance floor immediately.
Well there's a few of my experiences, no doubt there are many stories to be told on this subject so feel free to add to this very entertaining topic.

[This message has been edited by pasadoble (edited 01-03-2002).]