To elaborate further: the very things Ric stated as minuses would be pluses for others. Not being constricted to the whims and developmental time tables of keyboard manufacturers has been a long-held dream for many keyboardists, as is the ability to create and maintain signature sounds that noone else could copy simply by buying the same instruments. I'd like to customize a keyboard to the point that it would be unique to me alone, and if it didn't sound like a Yamaha/Korg/Roland or any other off-the-shelf cookie-cutter keyboard then so much the better.

Additionally, I compare the current keyboard market to Apple computers: when you buy a Mac (or any keyboard currently) then you are pretty much tied to that product's manufacturer for your parts, service, upgrades, etc. for the life of that product because of the monopoly the maker has on it's hardware and OS. Windows/Linux-based computers are open architecture so there is far more competition and options to be had at competitive prices. If the keyboard market was like that then we'd have more choices at less cost. The eKo is a Windows/Linux-based keyboard so it instantly would have far more accessories available for it than all current keyboards on the market put together.