Today I was invited to visit Jaap van Putten's shop and play/feel the new PA1X Pro.
The instrument has a real 'pro' look !
The keyboard feel is 'weigted' and of very good quality. (better than SD1)

The styles sound OK, but the variations sometimes are almost copies of eachother.

The 'user-interface' sometimes is confusing because of the double/triple functions of many buttons. e.g. One button is used for selecting intrument group Piano AND Saxes.... it depends on another 'select' switch (with LED) what is selectable.

The touch-screen sometimes has tiny 'buttons' that are hard to touch because they are close to another button.

Voices :
Violin sounds real, but the stringS do sound a bit too synthy.

Voice sounds are not impressive.

Piano's sound OK

Accordeons/harmonica OK

Brasses ..... sound average

Sampled Organs very good and Church Organs extremely natural and do impress me.
Drawbars sound average and the Leslie effect is poor. (sounds like they implemented the cheapest DSP available)

Styles :
The Jazz, Funky and Rock styles are very good but all others sound average with only 2 intro's, 4 (more or less) variations. It just sounds too computerized ! Not as much musical feel as the SD1 brings in ;-)

Please do realize this is a personal opinion and it depends on the players wishes/taste to decide if this baby fits in ones equipment !

After this visit I could decide this one does not fit for me (and Wietse).

I'll stay loyal to Ketron SD1 as long as no brand is able to create a better sounding machine

Roel