On the C1; there IS one little idiosyncrasy that may or may not be "annoying" to you. Unlike most synths which sound at the bottom of the keystroke, the C1 sounds as soon as you touch it (top of keystroke). I can't remember if a real B3 acts like this since it's been awhile since I played one, but if you've got bad playing habits like not hitting a key firmly or accidentally touching a key that you didn't intend playing, it can definitely be annoying. The good news is that it's forced me to clean up my act (playing technique) and it is no longer a bother (just being aware of it is half the battle).

I have to say though, that with no intention of trying to promote this keyboard (this is, after all, an arranger forum), I am totally and deeply, in love with this thing. If I had to choose between the C1 and my wife, I would soon have lots more time to practice . It has no other voices and was designed to be an organ only. I can't advise you on pedals (if you need them). The PK7a that I got works but I had to replace the "stuck on" EV5 expression pedal with a Behrenger FCV100, which, at 24.00 has to be the best bargain in the entire music world.

I'm going over to a Baptist Church tomorrow to try a real, well maintained, B3. I just want to make sure my over-the-top assessment is legitimate. The guy taking me over there, a decent organist himself, thinks the C1 is "scary good". We'll see.

I really do hope you'll get up this way. I don't have your collection of "toys", but I've got most of the essentials (Nord C1, Sonic Cell, Motif ES, VP550, Korg Triton, A70 for softsynths, and of course, the PA1x Pro and the Tyros2); in other words, enough for a little fun. Who knows, maybe we could do a collaboration and post it for the King. Wish we could get Mo on sax and maybe a little piano from Diki (I listened to his Weather Report/Joe Zawanil tribute and if you haven't heard it, go over to arranger.com; very nice, and also satisfying to hear someone playing real music).

chas

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 11-07-2007).]