Hi,

I'm returning to music after a break of some years and want to replace my PSR5700 with something with more styles and compatability with all the 'stuff' available on the Internet, and dabble in midi/computer music.

I've been enjoying reading here and would welcome any opinions on a keyboard for a home/pleasure novice-forever type ...oh, I don't sing either, however my timing is quite good LOL

When I bought my PSR5700 new I was quickly disappointed/bored with the styles, I don't intend to spend that sort of money again now. There seems to have been vast improvements in keyboards since then, 10 or so years??? so nearly anything I read about and listen to examples of seem to suit my wants.

What do I want? First, sounds good with lots of styles and variations, then midi and an internet community, not too heavy so I can go from computer room to other rooms. That's about it really, I'm not into any one style of music but enjoy dabbling in everything. Oh, I cannot test any keyboard locally and will probably buy on internet or mail order.

Naturally I want the biggest/best/newest but I don't know that I need it right now so value for money seems the best to go for. I have found the keyboards below at what seem fair prices according to my reading, is there anything there you would recommend to avoid or snap up??

* PSR8000 with HD
* SX-KN5000
* WK-3500
* PSR740
* PSR1100/2100

I've always had a Yamaha/Technics bias so have an 'urge' for the PSR8000 or KN5000 but I find myself swaying towards the Casio even though I was never much of a fan. Maybe I want the 'change is good' 'new is fun' aspect, I don't know... The 1100 and 2100 are more expensive so I would expect to keep them longer, therefore they would have to have a real advantage - for me - over the others to pursuade me to buy.

So, any opinions on my selection? I'm finding it really hard to decide, I think I just want them all!

aprilla