I do a solo act playing guitar and singing and I have the following gear:

AKG C420, TC Voiceworks, Brian Moore i2.13, Axon AX100SB, Roland JV1010, Electrix Repeater, DigiTech Main Squeeze, Pod XT, FMR RNC, Behringer DDX3216 & FCB1010 & VX2000, M-Audio Miidsport 8X8, PV 2600, EV Zx5, IEM, Laptop, ShowPlay 3 SMF Playback Software.

I’m wondering if instead of SMF’s via my laptop to the Roland JV1010, if I bought one of the new arranger keyboards such as the Kong Pa800 (or perhaps latest version of Band In A Box) would I be farther ahead?

Now understand I don’t want to play keys at all, so I let the SMF’s do some and play some with my Axon AX100SB guitar synth.

Could I could produce more convincing backing tracks that equate exactly to the cover songs I play?

Could I do so with greater speed and ease than hunting down SMF’s and editing them with Cakewalk?

Note that I have built a series Cakewalk Application Language files (CAL’s*)that I use to quickly and easily transmute SMF’s to be consistent with my existing SMF’s so bringing new SFM;s into the fold is not too tiresome a task. However SMF’s can be somewhat bland and static at times.

*CAL’s are essentially proprietary Cakewalk macros.