Hello

My Midjay should arrive tomorrow. Anticipating that I will like it and want to keep it has got me thinking about my next logical new toy.

What I want is as light in weight as possible, good key action, built well, 61 note soft "organ" touch, a decent bunch of buttons.

So far it seems that the Edirol PCR-80 and the M-Audio Evolution MK-461C could be in the running. Is there anything else out there worth looking at?

I saw a PCR-50 I believe it was the other day. I guess that's just the 49 note version Edirol. As expected, being a Roland product, it is built very well. I have always been impressed with the build quality of any Roland product whether it's Roland, Boss or in this case Edirol.

When I put it back in it's box one of the rubber or plastic knobs for the sliders fell off. I don't know it that was just a rare type of occurance or what. I suppose if that were an issue and I liked the Edirol a drop of glue would handle that.

The Edirol had a very good key action which I expected.

Both keyboards weigh about 7 pounds as does the Midjay. I like this idea a lot.

Any input on getting a controller kb would be greatly appreciated.

Best
Scott
http://ScottLMusic.com

I have not tried the MK-461C. I have heard a couple comments that the key feel isn't that great. One SZer compared the feel to that of a PSR.