The Yamaha S80 has 4 different piano samples inside. One of the four is a steinway piano. Actually, it is the second sound. The first sound is the same piano one of you were just talking about. It is the handmade Yamaha. The other two pianos are other Yamaha sampled pianos
The Generalmusic piano is one I've been selling for 4 years now. The pro1 and pro2 differ mostly in the amount of polyphony and some effects. The samples used in this is a composite of four different samples being used to create one piano sound. They have put four piano samples into a computer in Italy and come out with what they call a "merged" piano sound. They have used a Fazio, and Yamaha a bozendorfer and I think a steinway as their source pianos. I like it a lot but at times the sound is not as warm as the Roland, Kurzweil and Yamaha newly sampled pianos. What is really nice on the pro 2 is 128 note polyphony. These pianos are now being distributed by Peavey here in the US so if you need to find one to try, you will need to find a Peavey Dealer.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, Ca.
(Retired 2021)