Posted By Renig:
--------------------------------------------
Nice 'thump', Squeak - it's exactly what I'd love to include in my stuff.
When you say 'sub-sonic', and I don't mean to get into semantics re. sub-sonic's meaning in its literal sense, but what sort of hertz are we talking here, and how do you access and incorporate those ultra low frequencies? I suspect it's more than just taking the bass down an octave or two.

Can you give some insight into that aspect? Thanks.
--------------------------------------------

Renig,
Actually what I did to that bass drum is just an old trick that's still being used today. I didn't drop octaves, I just dropped the tuning on the bass drum.

There's also another very effective trick, and that is to take a "tom" from an electronic kit. Not a tom that sounds closer to an acoustic kit, but rather and electronic kit tom. Take the lowest tom and drop the tuning on it, and man you'll get a nice low thumping bass drum.

Then you can flavor it a bit with effects. In my case I tweeked a few instruments within the kit, and then added a phaser effect as a "global effect" to the entire kit. That's how I got that nice effect on the crash cymbal that hits several times at the end of the loop.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.