Hi guys - I've listened to some of those demos (i.e. os2 and os3) completely and I've come to the following conclusion.

Some of the styles and sounds sound great, (the "New York New York" style for example - superb!), but many of them (the Dance/Disco styles mainly) sound VERY much like the VA-7 styles.

I've owned a VA-7 for almost 6 years, and, whilst it has served me well (and is a V E R Y underrated keyboard IMHO) I shall be upgrading soon.

Having listened to those G-70 styles/sounds, my mind is almost made up - I think that if this is a reasonable sampling of the improvements that have been done to the G-70, I should look seriously at the Korg Pa series, especially the PAx Pro elite (yes, even though it's as "old as the hills").

The New Roland keyboards don't seem to be enough of a leap over the Va-7 and I need sampling dagnabit!!!!

To all those who own a G-70 I'm NOT trying to start anything (please) I'm just shocked at how (relatively) little progress has been made regarding Roland sounds and styles since the VA-7.

On the other hand, these were compressed MP3 files I believe, (at least not .WAV's anyway) but I have played a G-70 (and a Tyros 2) for some time in my local Music Store and come away with a similar conclusion.

Hmmmm...

Please feel free to agree/disagree...

(2 cents deposited - and probably wasn't asked for...lol)

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au