I dunno if this is the place to ask it since an obvious bias would be in play here but I'd love to hear your comments. It's about gigging OMB style.

I have resisted gigging with sounds that I do not create live. At the moment, I don't even have a keyboard (sold it) but hope to pick up a psr3000 or used psr very soon. But for now, I am gigging with just me and acoustic guitar. Now, that can be done and I'm doing it. Legions have done it before me.

But I am no great singer or guitarist. I get the job done. As for guitar, many people think I'm pretty good. I'm pretty good with some styles. Others, I'm just okay. As for voice, with country stuff or folky stuff, really, no problem. But some stuff, to me, there's something to be desired.

If I had a superb voice, this "problem" would be somewhat diminished. Ah, but you gotta go with what you got.

I want and need to gig as often as possible. And I am thinking a guy and a guitar these days is just not enough for today's market. I am thinking the game has changed. I can't prove that, that's why I'd like opinions.

I am thinking that people are more attuned to a fuller sound. Certainly, with an arranger, I could develop songs that sound like a full band. I have resisted this, something about it bugs me but hey, I wanna work. As for how it sounds to my ear, I very much enjoy it. I like the full-band sound. I've just wanted to do it all live.

There are some songs, there is no way a guy and an acoustic guitar are going to do it justice. And as for rock music, I can't create any oomph without bass and drums.

Bottom line, I am thinking I could get more gigs if I had a full-band sound. Like, if you can't fight 'em, join 'em.

I have gigged with a bass player here and it's dramatic with what just that adds. But heck, then you have to split the measly dough. And deal with other people. Which is good but also can be bad.

So, main question is do you think times have changed? I am willing to do most any gig for pay. I mean, senior homes, biker bars, whatever. I can do some stuff just me and guitar but add that full sound with the arranger. Replies appreciated.