Hi,
I don't have any "demos" in the registered version either. I think there might be one or two, but if there is, I have never used them. To use the " arranger " function you enter the "edit" toolbar, and click on
" Create style Block ". There you will find a menu with the various genres of styles on the top. Click into one of those and you will find several styles. The menu will then ask you for the length of style block you wish to create. For simplicity, rather than to go through this process over and over, I choose one style variation for the entire piece and then insert the changes and variations from the main sequencer page itself ( by clicking where I want to enter the variation in the " s " block on the bottom. There is no way that I am aware of to use the function in realtime however, so all style work will be in a "step mode ". Still there are tools that allow you to sample the style or a piece of it ( or variation ) before entering it. You must then go back to the edit menu and insert chord blocks in a similar manner, otherwise you will hear only the drums and percussion parts playing. If you like the style variations you have created, there is a function that allows you to convert all or
some of the tracks to midi tracks by channel . You can then edit each track as you desire. One thing to note. You can use ANY properly converted Yamaha style file in this software. The style files that come internally are the 2 variation type and are similar if not exact to those used on the PPSR 730 and 8000. The software itself uses the extension .stx for it's internal files, but .sty files work in it just as well. ( You don't have to change the extension ). You simply take any file(s) you have and go into the software's folders, find the folder styles, and find the subfolder with the style type you want to insert your external styles into. even 4 variation style types work properly, and all the variations show up when you go to use the style. There are hundreds if not thousands of Yamaha styles and other user and manufacturers styles such as Technics , Solton, Roland etc... converted to Yamaha .sty files available on the net. Hope this helps. Please feel free to email me or reply to this post if you need more info.
AJ M