Hi everybody...

I asked this question already in another topic:

Does anybody know how the pedal of Yamaha like the FC-7 works? Has it a simple potentiometer inside or what else? The reason for my question is, that I have a Roland Expression Pedal and I want to use it with the PSR2000 (maybe the PSR9000 has a similar electronic interface). In which way I have to modify it?

For Beakybird

A great feature of the pSR2000 is the possibility to decide on which voice the Pitch bend from an expression pedal is working. In my band we are playing Country Music...who is doing the Steel Guitar?...It's me. With this keyboard I will get very close to a real Steel Guitar.

My solution is:

Two layered Pedal steel guitar sounds (no spilt necessary), one is set to solo (monophon playing). In the settings of the PSR2000 (function -> controller) you can decide what the expression pedal is doing -> choose Pitch Bend, set the range (for Steel Guitar I think 1 is ok) and let the Controller only work one the solo voice.

Now during playing a C-Chord I can change the Pitch of the solo tone, this means of one tone of the Chord, this is nearly the way you can do it with a Pedal Steel Guitar.

Hope this helps

greetings

Datablues

Datablues