Boo,

I know exactly what you mean. You get home from a job and it is 2am and you would like to just leave the stuff in the car until morning. We don't have the ideal climate here like Don and Scott do. We have extreem variations form 0 a few times in the winter to 95 a few times in summer. I always left my organ and amps in the trailer when I hauled around an organ. I often might leave my speakers, mikes, cables, and amps in the car overnight till next morning but I NEVER leave my keyboard out in these extreem temperatures.

In theory (and I'm speaking as an ex organ tech), the keyboard is no more fragil than your car radio or the computer that controls the ignition in your car. That was before built in hard disk drives and LCD displays. I just wouldn't do it. You get condensation when going from cold to hot. You get expansion and contraction going from cold to hot or the other way. This can stress solder joints and connections on the circuit boards.

Boo, you can leave the other stuff out till morning but bring in your keyboard. Put it next to you in bed and keep it warm.

Tom

Tom