Donny,
Thanks for sharing the link to the Technote posting. I concur that using the EMC styleworks conversion software is both the fastest and easiest way to insure a professional sounding style or standard midi to arranger keyboard style conversion as it allows us the ability to customize the conversion (in real time) to our personal taste. You can perform a conversion w/o the EMC software but it is MUCH more difficult and TIME CONSUMING.

Tom,
My understanding from reading Fran Carango's post is that EMC is leaving out KN6000 support ONLY because of legal issues with Technics. As far as Casio style support? I'm sure they would add it as long as they have permission from Casio. I purchased my EMC software from Tastenshop (Germany) directly from the program developer (Klaus Grosser) and he has been real good about providing FREE upgrades.

The price may sound steep at first, but with EMC StyleWorks Universal, you gain access to the styles from all the other arranger keyboard brands as well as cross brand conversion. (the program comes with the "stock" styles from all the keyboards). This cost is still much cheaper than having to go out and purchase a Solton X1, Yamaha PSR9000, Roland VA7, G1000, Korg i series, or General Music WK8. If you only need to convert (one-way conversion) from another arranger brand keyboard to 'your' specific brand arranger keyboard, it will cost you a bit less to get the version of StyleWorks specific to your keyboard brand only (no cross conversion).
Check with Fran Carango for current pricing.

Fran,
Thanks for the clarification re: VA-7 and G1000 style (EMC) conversions.

- Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 12-10-2000).]