I assembled a cropped version of Scott Yee Genesys photo, plus the specs, plus George Kaye's preview and studied it several times. This keyboard is clearly an advance is sound quality, ergonomics, and integration. But what impresses me the most is the many different ways of having fun with this keyboard.

Play an MP3 with lyrics file (which you can create on the Genesys), remove the vocals, replace with you own vocals (with harmony) and paly along while reading lyrics on the large display, and record the result to harddisk, then make your own CD. I think this keyboard might be a good way to get kids and students involved in music production.

I know I can play SMF files on my computer, but I like to play them on my PSR-8000 and play along. With the Genesys I can use .kar files and read the lyrics to boot.

Play at a wedding gig or party and provide a CD of selected performances at the party's end. During breaks in a gig, the CD player is available through the same sound system for continuous music.