Wow ! ... thnx guys ... some good words from people whose talent I respect and admire ...

I am still playing and loving my techincs kn6000 ... that's what you are listening to ...

As the kn6 does not have the on-board capability to record vocals, I recorded the instrument in one take - kb to mixer to computer ... I then recorded the vocal in one take - mic to mixer to computer...

I agree with the comments about the vocals seeming 'rushed' in spots, especially the "she gives me love" phrase, but after listening a couple of times I think it is just a matter of my working on the vocal phrasing and starting it just a little sooner ... I like the tempo where it is ...

cass - I'm not sure what you meant by the kb being a "little behind the vocal" ...

The harmony is provided by my Digitech Workstation EX, and it wasn't even plugged into the board for the chord changes ... I just set the key, used the "Doobie Brothers" setting, and flew with it ...

Also, I use Acid Pro 6 for recording ... there was no editing or added fx for this tune ...
Thanks again...
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 09-14-2007).]