Hi!
Its been about a year since I last upgraded my sound gear. I had purchased a studiomaster powered mixer with a ratig of 200W per channel. My speakers are 2 custom made 2 way enclosures with 15" mid bass drivers and bullet tweeters. These have a power rating of about 400W at 8 ohms. I plan to beef up my amplification since currently my powered mixer is underpowered for the speakers. I have been given 2 options. First I thought of adding a dedicated amplifier
for the speakers. For that I would have to add a better crossover and horn tweeters keeping the Bass drivers the same. The second option was that I could bridge another amplifier along with the powered mixer's amp and keep a BASS bin which would be driven by this new amp while my existing speakers would be driven my my mixer's amp. Acc. to my sound guy, the second option would result in 10X the sound and power as compared to the 1st option. What is ur opinion about the Bass Bins. Do they really pump up the bass to a big extent (we are talking about a single bass bin with a 15" bass driver). I will post some pics later with a clear view of my full sound setup.

Thanx a zillion
Sunny