The speakers in the PA800 are nice but I have never used them on a gig nor do I foresee a time that I would.
I would personally prefer a module so that I could use a variety of controllers – midi accordion, strap-on/keytar or a controller with as many or as little keys as I want to suit the job.
Weight is not an issue with a module.
The Genesys XP has an mp3 player, harmonizer, sequencer, a built-in recording studio, and most of the features that the top of the line arrangers have such as the multi pads and 20 gig HD. I like the multi pedal feature – you can chain up to 3 six-pedal units for 18 pedals.
So for me, it’s a Genesys XP with the styles and some of the sounds from Roland, Korg and Ketron and the Ketron drums.
A General EQ that could be adjusted on the fly – sans mixer and without having to page through a menu. I don’t know if anyone has this feature.
USB connection to transfer files, styles etc.
On the fly marker setting and multimedia playlist from Korg.
A 2-3 day, hands on workshop with a company tech/rep that will show you how to get the maximum from the machine as well as reveal all the little nuances and ‘work arounds’ not covered in the manual.
A user support group as good as the Yamaha owners have.
I’m not familiar with the Liontacs technology but throw some of that in for good measure.
And with the Genesys XP, you get Dave.
Ciao, Jerry

[This message has been edited by Jerry T (edited 08-31-2007).]