[QUOTE]Originally posted by chdolar:
[B] G-70 and Tyros are sold at the same street-price here in austria and germany: ~2800 EUR (~3600,-USD).
For that you get no 20Gig HD but 76 very good keys and a card slot which takes cards up to 4Gigs and can not suffer from crashes.

It's all your choice :-)

I don't understand why Roland did not incorperate a Hard drive on their keyboard. Every other keyborad manufacturer is moving towards this format for storage. Firstly, it is a cheap means of storage, and one can use any companies drives and a multitude HD capacities. Propritary card slots etc.. are normally much more expensive then main stream data storage systems. The cynical side of me thinks it is a means for the manufacturers to generate more revenues.

Roland uses a 50Mb SSD for internal memory( solid state disc). 50Mgs is not alot of space. Especially when companies like Korg have 20Gb drives on boards & yamaha sell 20Gb upgrades for the tyros.

@ Chdolar---are the card slots you are refering to for actual blank memory upgrade to do with as one wishes, or are you talking about the SRX slots which are for Rolands sound banks ( with burned in sound for expanding the voice sections)?

I wonder if one could add an external HD to the G-70?? anyone?

Thank-you
Regards;
SCP