Alain,

Only you can really determine what the best keyboard is for you. We can help a little, maybe even more than that if you tell us how you intend to use it. Do you need styles at all or do you just want to play keys w/o accompaniment ? If the latter is true, The Yamaha Motif 6 and Korg Triton LE both cost less than a top end arranger and are great boards to play. The original Fantom has 76 keys and while it might be a 3rd choice vs the other two for me, some users swear by it..

If you do need the autoaccomp, you already know the arranger boards out there. High end include the Tyros, SD1, PA80, KN7000 and VA76. Mid range include PSR2k, PA60, XD9 and a new offering from Technics ( KN 2600 or something. ) . All of the current arrangers seem to be very good boards and depending on what you want to do each has it's strong points..

You need to get to the music shop and demo as many as you can, because no matter what anyone tells you about the sounds, styles, or features, they are always subjective to our own tastes and needs.

Whether or not to spend the big bucks.. well there are a few ways to look at it.. For me.. if I have the money available and the equipment meets my needs ( especially in a way that other equipment may not ), than it is always worth the cost. On the other hand, if it's something that I won't rely on every day, used might be a good route. The Tyros is the latest and greatest.. 2 years ( or less ) from now it will be old news. Older boards, used boards ?... excellent choice if ya wanna save some bucks, because really, while the latest and greatest may offer a few improvements, .. ya can still rock on a PSR9000, a G1000, etc etc ..

AJ