Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
Gary, ROFLMAO, you have such a way with words!!! Too Funny!

mdorantes: Happy Birthday to You on your 50th!!!

Well, the family had a surprise birthday party for me yesterday. I thought I was working a gig with my band at a local Ramada Inn which would have made it a triple; Fri-Sat-Sun. Instead when I walked in the band was playing the Beatles rendition of Birthday, the place was full already, and I immediately spotted family who travelled from afar.

They got me.....total surprise. I must admit, I'm not used to such attention, I'm usually the one either throwing the party or part of the entertainment so this was very embarrasing for me.

As the party progressed I became more and more comfortable and really enjoyed myself once I started drinking wine in earnest.

Today as I reflect upon the event, I feel very humbled and emotional that my friends and family would honor me as they did. I feel more alive and I guess philosophical how much I cherish living and life itself.

Just being able to share this with my Synthzone family is another thing I cherish very much and I thank you all for that opportunity!!!

Regards,
Al

Hey AL...this really is a great family isn't it????
Tony Rome