MBL,

Well, while I agree with most of what you said, now we know why you don't design keyboards for a living . . . move the screen to the right or left side? I've got a hard enough time trying to see the screen without having to lean left or right. Stevie Wonder might like it but I'd hate that.

I do agree that the floppy disk on the SD1 is in the WRONG place. Let's say you want to play a midi, mute a few parts and play/sing along . . . everyone will watch you changing disks, and they'll be thinking that you're just another karaoke DJ - not a musician. VERY BAD placement.

Things I like about the SD1: mod wheels are placed right where you need them, above the keyboard; the silver color is good; it's symmetry (buttons evenly placed on both sides); the weight is good; can't comment on sound (NO SOLTON DEALERS FOR HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS OF MILES).

Although I like it's symmetrical design, the buttons look too small for my big fingers and I have to agree with Scott that they all look alike and finding the right one quickly would be a hassle. The end caps should have been black instead of wood grain but that's not a big deal. Frankly, I like the retro look (except for the floppy drive - hate that).

Hey, my 9000PRO mini-lamps just arrived at Gattuso's, so I've got another little toy to enjoy for the weekend . . . hmmm, OFF, ON, OFF, ON . . . dimmer, brighter, dimmer, brighter . . .

Scott,
I'm sure that the keys on the 9000PRO and SD1 are the same size, it's pretty standard but who knows, maybe George has already pulled out his trusty tape measure and is posting exact dimensions as I write this (are you George?). Hmmm, to the .001 inch should do it George.

Happily playin' my 9000PRO in Ohio,
Steve

PS. A few of you may remember that I was the first person in the U.S. to own a PSR-9000 (just had to rub it in a little).