Reading the Sound on Sound forum (check that out)and personal experience of myself and countless others on the UK scene...Korg have apparently taken the decision to dismiss new PC music techology.

On the one side, they are stating that they are not currently involved or knowledgable in Windows XP, so if you have been happily using their PC to Host connection for the past several years, then tough..it won't work anymore..unless you rewire you Pc to host cable or (their advice) downgrade back to Win98.

And on the other side - they state that the serial port will be extinct soon anyway..so bollocks to the lot of you anyway!!

So, are they offering an upgrade, e.g. maybe a PC to USB with a XP driver?? No - Don't go into the Bill Gates next monopoly OS forward, aka XP, but stay in the Win98 comfortable dark age.

Thanks Korg. A lot of people have used, loved and supported your stuff since the beginning but, XP comes along, and we're suddenly awash with no support. If you don't believe it, call KORG UK for their technical advice (only open Mon, Wed & Friday).

With XP, Bill Gates has a lot to answer for(check out those website arguments..do any of your games work on XP?) but is Mr Korg listening to us..your Korg techno guys aren't!!

I just thought that buying the new wizz PC from PC world (preloaded, as they all are, only with XP)would be a step forward..but even their (only) advice is to go back to Win 98.."over on that shelf £130". Thanks you guys!!

We wanna plug and play..is the technology that we love and trust now about to strangle us???

I've used and loved Korg for 20 years..but nothing lasts forever...Are Korg gonna be history or will Mr Korg ge of his butt and scan what's going on here??