Just re-read the Roland G-70 thread and resisted the temptation to critisize this board once more for fear of being sent to purgatory ! (still don't like it though).
but what I am getting more and more curious about is the amount of styles people want and what they actually do with them ?
Let me explain.
I have here at home several CDroms containing 10.000 Yamaha styles, 6000 ketron styles, 5000 Roland styles, 3000 Korg styles,etc. so I guess that by some of your standards I should be having a ball ??!!!
Currently I only play the Korg PA-50, which ,fortunately has approx. 300 internal styles that can be replaced. All in all (i.e. including the user styles) I can therefore load approx. 360 NEW styles into the board. Naturally I keep on changing things from time to time but even now after three years of fairly extensive use I still have more than 50 styles currently residing in my board that could easily be chucked out (perhaps even more). Once in a while a truely great or useful style comes along which is then directly included of course.
I sometimes wonder if lots of keyboard folks have them on their toast instead of peanut butter. The number of styles, like the number of sounds really, has never made me very happy. I'd rather have a board with 100 great styles and no options than a board with 300 styles and a harddisk or whatever that stores another 10.000 !!
Same with sounds really. Have you ever counted the number of right-hand sounds that you really use a lot, regardless what keyboard you are playing ??? You'll probably be lucky to hit 20 or so !!!!!

regards,
john