In a way I guess you could do this.. This would probably have some limitation though.. Here's a good example.. This actually would work great with the PSR's because they have the feature where you can turn voiceR123 ect off and on.. Since you're just going to midi the keyboard to the rack unit, all you'd have to do is record your backing arrangments the way you like on the keyboard (of course using the keyboards internal voices) Then all you'd have to do is either turn the volume all the way down or even turn of R1 on your keyboard because you'll be using the keyboard to control the Rack.. I think the keyboard will still send the midi messages out even if your turn off R1.. Plus if you didn't want to do that just turn down the volume to R1 all the way and you should be able to use the motif voices with the mix.. I remember when I hooked up my PSR-550 via midi to use the keyboards keys to control the sounds on my drum machine. I think I ended up having to either turn R1 off or turn the volume all the way down.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.