Hi gents,
I was over at a friends house and we wanted to record some of my sequenced tracks onto a Yamaha AW4416 digital recorder. We plugged it into the psr, and his hope was to record each channel of the performance onto seperate tracks and then mix it all down. trouble was, we couldn't get the recorder to talk to the psr. I went into the midi submenu under functions, and tried to select external as the clock source and the source for commands so his recorder could syncronize my data. But when he pushed play, the psr did not respond. I'm sure I'm messing this up, but the users manual doesn't address this in any detail really. So, How do I set up the board so that an external digital recorder can control when the different tracks (Channels)start and stop recording? Or is there another way you folks use. The reason we want his recorder to be the master is we need to record acoustical instruments and vocals later along with the sequenced stuff...this is all new to me, so I welcome your thoughts and instruction on how to record and syncronize all the tracks...Brian

[This message has been edited by B2 (edited 01-22-2002).]