"Hmmmm, fantastic? Maybe great SOUNDING, but it's hardly fantastic."

I agree with DNJ--the 2000/2100 is a FANTASTIC keyboard. It has more features than anyone can imagine, many of which never are discovered by their owners. If this keyboard would have come on the market 10 years ago, it would have sold for five times as much money.

Keyboards are a lot like cameras. What comes out of them is solely up to the person operating them. That 2000/2100 is sure making a large number of folks a good deal of money. I know at least 50 people that have them and with the exception of a few, most are fascinated about every feature this keyboard has to offer--including me!

I've seen UD perform, and while he gripes continously about the key size, it's amazing just how good he makes his keyboards sound. Would bigger keys make him a better player? I doubt it--but he have one less complaint about Yamaha keyboards.

Without the technology that Yamaha has provided in this facet of the music industry, most of us would be struggling to make enough money to pay for the equipment. I for one will never go back to strumming a 12-sting guitar, triggering a drum machine with a foot switch and playing in smoke-filled bars. Yamaha revolutionized this industry, and IMO, they are clearly the leader when it comes to introducing lightweight, compact, rugged, versitile, great sounding keyboards.

Cheers,

Gary

[This message has been edited by travlin'easy (edited 01-20-2004).]

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)