Well, it'd be nice if I USED Cakewalk, but as I said, I choose NOT to plug my PC into the system because I'd rather play than wrestle with IRQ conflicts and all the other misery that afflicts my pals who tolerate the screwed-up world of Windows. Everyone keeps dodging the idea that the 01 can be a virtual stand-alone environment. I just want to dump the patch files onto a disk I can then insert into the Korg and PLAY! I respect the power a PC CAN provide, but I just don't need it for my work. Surely there's a way to get the darned thing to read an syx. file loaded to disk ON the PC and GIVE! Diskimage hasn't worked yet and even when I use WinZip on the zipped syx. files I've got, still no go. I keep getting VERY frustrating half-way instructions from people who think the PC world is the only one to live in, but I BOUGHT the 0/1Wfd so I wouldn't HAVE to wrestle with that. When I say "hand-carry" from the PC to the Korg, I'm serious! No MIDI card, no cable spaghetti, no 6-hour troubleshooting marathons, no endless reboots, just plug and PLAY! Surely there are at least a few sympathetic Mac users out there who know what it means to just WORK without bending over for the durned machinery. Again, I feel certain I'm simply missing some simple aspect of the situation, but AARRGGHH! My preferred method may seem wonky to PC devotees, but my money and patience are limited, so I'm stuck where I am. My baby performed like a champ until I went for those files off the Net and now I'm FLOUNDERING in same! Ptooey! Thanx for trying all the same-just wish I could solve this one.