Quote:
Originally posted by Jack Gittleson:
I have been considering using both keyboards as a two manual organ, left hand on one board, right on another. I even bought a Bespeco two-tiered stand. I haven't found the correct adjustment with the right amount of gap between the two to do this and still sit down on my adjustable bench. How do you pros do that?

Hello Jack,

I use several different X-type double-stands for gigging. On the Quik-lok type, you tilt and lock the top vertical braces at an angle so as to lower the height, either in or out. The length of the keyboard is a determining factor, but this results in the top keyboard being lowered, and tilted downward, at an angle that's easier to reach from a sitting position (I only play sitting down... that's why I took up the piano in the first place! ).
An Ultimate Support Apex stand can be a good choice for putting the keys where you want them, both boards level, and it's a fairly quick setup. I've had one of these for some time, and am still trying to figure out how to get my PK5 bass pedals to fit under the durn thing where I can reach everything and still kick bass and work the gas pedal.

I used to use an A-frame Ultimate support stand, but the appearance is too music-storish for performance, and the tinker-toy setup process was annoying.
The A-frame does give you plenty of options for configuring the spacing of your boards, as well as module placement, and if you're just setting up your rig for home, could be worth a look.

Hope this helps.

- tommyde ~