Whoah.....Chas!

Slow it down a bit! I apologise if you took my post as being directly aimed at you, and no-one else.

Neither did I mean to infer that I had some kind of beef with you personally.

I was merely replying with my observations about an attitude that is prevelant and to which your post had alluded.

I used parts of your post (quoted) that seemed to me to highlight what I was talking about.....not particularly because you personally said them. I merely wanted to expand on what you said and opine my own view on the matter.

I certainly won't be drawn into any on board fighting on the matter, If you took my words as antagonistic and a personal affront then I apologise unreservedly. You are no less entitled to your opinion than I am to mine and I would be the last person to try to shout you down.

Maybe with hindsight I should have made the post more general and not preceded it with 'chas' ..... given that your comments had initiated my thought process I considered it warranted, I thought that is how conversation worked?

I stand by my original comments regarding this (as an attitude prevalent among musicians) which was my intention.

I did not think I was being defensive or even God forbid offensive...merely taking my turn in offering my opinion. I am more than a little surprised to see your response thus. I know very little about you, why would you leap to the conclusion I was berating you personally?

It seems to me that there is a tendancy here of late to look for the hidden agenda in any post. Let me make it clear so there is no confusion. I belong to no particular 'faction' on the zone, I won't judge anyone by anything other than their own words or actions and I certainly won't be drawn into silly playground fights. I have no agenda.

Hell fire, now even I am wishing I stayed in lurkers corner. This place is a minefield!

My best wishes were meant sincerely btw and still stand :P
Tony