Took 20 minutes or so to fool around with my new toy this morning. The drums are awful, but, hey, it's a $500.00 keyboard, and I never intended it to be used as anything more than a piano (no arranger function). Actually, I was only intending to use it in my office, but I already have a Clavinova 65 and a Suitcase Rhodes plugged in and ready to go.

The organs are so good that I think I'll use the Casio on a two tier stand with my MS-60 now, replaced with an SD-5 when it's available, on the 2nd tier. The Solton 13 note pedalboard fits below the piano nicely. The Casio is good enough to replace my Hammond XB-2, and then I'd also have far superior pianos than are on the Solton. This would be on my house job.

One problem...the amplification is good...even good enough for small jobs, but bass response is terrible. When using the organ settings, you can't try to play left-hand basss, even at less than half volume without overdriving the speakers, resulting in popping, distortion, etc.this was after asdjusting the bass settings.

The goods news is, I'm more than happy with my purchase. George was dead on with his recommendation. Instead of a "beater" this will be an instrument I'll use for it's great piano sounds, action and Organ, with leslie controlled with the modulation wheel. It's the best simulated Leslie I've heard, and that includes my Motion Sound.

George's valuable input is this: Trust, product knowledge, and I wouldn't have known how to even access the operating system enough to test it in a timely manner here at the local store that carries the line.

Would I recommend this Casio? Yes, when used as a piano or organ. Would I buy again from George? Already have, and will again.

I'll give a more detailed technical report in a few weeks when I get to really test it.

For $500.00, this thing is a real bargain. If you need a great sounding 88 key piano, with the bonus of great organ sounds, this is it!

George, YOU ROCK!
(support your local independent music equiment dealer))

Russ

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 09-24-2006).]