Samer,
I just re-read AJ's post from last year when this issue began and let me explain what I know in my non-player way of saying things(I tend to not understand really technical words and examples when discribing digital things).
If you have a sample within the style (Solton calls this a "groove") you can have a problem with "delays" or "hic-cups" because of start and end points of the loop not being exactly perfect. I remember in my days of selling Roland Samplers many years ago, the hardest thing to do was to loop the sample. If you did it manually it was very difficult and if you let the sampler do it automatically it was almost always bad!
I believe that when you think you are hearing a glitch when starting or ending a fill, it is because of the start and end point leading into the next variation being off just this little bit because it is not a quantized drum style recorded via midi but rather a sampled loop.
I would think that if AJ fixed this in version 3.0, he must have gone into the looped samples and re-truncated them to give them smoother loop points. Is this true AJ? Please explain if I'm right or wrong here. You would be able to explain this much better than I can.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
(Retired 2021)