As Donny said , yes, I finally had a chance to checkout the Bose PAS at my local GC store today. I also took my Yamaha Tyros keyboard and mic (EV 757) to audition thru the PAS, which included the PS1 Power stand, L1 Cylindrical speaker column, and B1 Bass module. First off, after reading Rintincop's review, I concur with all of his observations. This may partly be due to the fact that both he and I come from an acoustic piano playing background where the ability to reproduce the sound of an acoustic piano remains at the top of our requirements. Ok here's my impression of the Bose PAS:

The first thing I noticed right off was its natural sounding clarity in the mid range. I felt the PAS reproduced my vocals and the Tyros' mono sampled mid range type instrument sounds beautifully. The sound did not sound harsh, even though I was only situated (at the keyboard) a few feet away from the speaker column. In addition, the sound dispersed out to fill the room in a very pleasingly natural way. I then played an exposed piano ballad utilizing only the Tyros' stereo sampled acoustic grand voice, along with both the Tyros' Left and Right audio outputs connected to input 1 & 2 on the Bose PS1 unit. I immediately noticed that not only did the piano sound lack the life & sparkle (transparency) which occurs when going out thru stereo speakers, but that the piano also sounded thin, brittle (harsh), and covered (boxed in). I then played some songs utilizing the stereo grand piano along with auto accompaniment, but continued to be disatisfied (and musically uninspired) playing this acoustic piano voice. The Guitar Center sales staff, as well as a couple of other customer onlookers who were also listening, concured that the Yamaha stereo acoustic piano sounded lack luster when going to the Bose PAS unit. Though the sales person attempted to change the EQ settings on the PAS it still wasn't able to overcome the 'phase cancellation' phenomenon which occurs when mixing a stereo sample to mono output. Yamaha stereo samples rely heavily on effects to achieve its impressive realism. Without the added effects, the acoustic piano's sound is nothing short of disappointing, especially when playing 'solo' or in an exposed small combo setting, of which I principally do. If playing the 'stereo' acoustic piano sounds (and other instruments that rely on stereo effects) especially in an 'exposed' manner, are not among your requirements, then the Bose PAS may be a great (albeit $2,0000 expensive) PA option to consider, but for me, I'm staying with my EV SxA100's and/or Motion Sound KP100S stereo PA. - Scott