Quote:
Originally posted by keysvocalssax:

Scott, it is foolish to ask why we think we need the 76. the fact is we want it, we like it

Mo, though I'm able to live with 61, I too would have preferred Tyros2 to have 76 keys too, just as long as it doesn't compromise the PSR's reputation for lightweight & compact portability. And yes, Yamaha fully acknowledges that the PSR & even Tyros line are primarily targeted to home players. The fact that any pros (like myself & others here) utilize them for gigging is primarily icing on the cake for them. As Abacus stated, the Tyros2 & PSR series is not marketed to the traditional piano player in mind:

Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
Hi Stephenm52
The YGP and DGX series are indeed aimed at home uses, however they are not aimed at keyboard players, but Piano beginners, (Hence the minimum of 76 notes) and which hopefully will spur the uses to upgrade in the future to something like the Clavinova series.

This all said, I need to stress that I made sure to point out to Yamaha that according to my calculation, 76 notes could conceivably fit within the current compact sized dimensions of Tyros2, by simply relocating the mod wheels to above the keys (as Ketron did with the SD1), and eliminating the shelf area to the right of the keybed and simply moving the USB stick port to another place.

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 08-23-2007).]