Interesting point about the amplifier stand, Scott. I had been using my KP-200S for about a month sitting directly on the carpeted floor of my 10ft x 10ft studio (think more along the lines of "spare bedroom" rather than the studios displayed on this site from Pro and Roel!) The bass was great (after some tweaking thanks to RJ Miller) but I couldn't really get a great overall mix of bass, mids, and trebles.

My Quik-Lok BS-317 amp stand arrived and I moved the whole setup into our living room. It's about 20x30 with wood floors with half of the ceiling at about 30 feet and the other half at 10 feet. I put the amp on the stand, cranked up the Millenium and was staggered by the difference! I found the sweet spot to be almost identical to Scott's: Amp stand at about 45 degrees, bottom stand bracket at about 8 inches off the floor, which puts the center of the amp at about 18 inches off the floor. Not only is this aesthetically pleasing, but it sounds incredible! There is a definite loss of bass with this approach (as opposed to sitting on the floor) but I compensated for this with the built-in eq. The mix is much better. I had the input gain up quite high (around 8) and the overall volume of the amp at around 5. This was too loud to speak comfortably in the room and be heard.
I had the expander at 0, or off, because the Millenium isn't a true stereo instrument and the expander made it seem like it was sitting in a reverb chamber in a cave. By the way, this is what it is supposed to do - it won't take a mono signal and expand it into a beautiful stereo sound. I am still working on getting my XD3 and when I do I can really do some testing on the expander effect.

Overall, I feel that the amp needs to sit on an angled amp stand at about 8 inches off the floor. I feel that I can monitor my playing more truly in this manner while providing the audience with the best sound.

I am definitely inexperienced, but I know what sounds good to me and am very happy with this amplifier. (My 80-year old father says it sounds great too. So there ya go!)