Hi Korgy,

Sorry to hear about your disappointment with the PA80. After spending an hour with one at a local dealer with one I have to admit that I too found it a little unwieldy and not too suitable for those fast, on-the-fly changes required in a live situation.

For the past two years I have derived nothing but satisfaction and pleasure from my Korg i30. This thing is a delight and I sincerely recommend it to anyone, and, from what you say, I think that the i30 would be a good fit for you. True, it has been discontinued for over a year now but they do show up on ebay from time to time. (I really think Korg missed the boat by not marketing this keyboard enough and jumping in too quickly with the PA80.) Try to get one with the built-in hard drive and with OS 2.1.3 (downloadable from any Korg site, if you find one with an earlier OS). If you locate one without the hard drive, turn to ebay again for 1.2G laptop drives. You can install it yourself easily and the recommended model numbers, instructions for installation and generally friendly and knowlegable advice and discussion on all i30 topics can be had at the following:
http://www.ralfschiller.de/sta/korgi30.htm

I've never regretted my buying the i30 and it will have to be something stunning that appears before I consider anything else.

Happy kbd'ing,
Big Red